Friday 20 July 2018

Nan C at GC

I have arrived in Oshawa and settled into my residence room at University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Durham College. General Council 43 begins with a Festival of Faith tomorrow.
I have never posted to this blog from my tablet before so am not sure if I can post pictures yet. I will try later.

For now, I am posting the morning prayer provided by gathering in A Prayer Resource for the 43rd General Council 2018. 

Prayer for Beginning the Day
Holy One, as I prepare for this day of the 43rd General Council, help me prepare to serve you and serve the church. Grant me the strength to honour my personal truth, even when it may be unpopular or difficult to share. Help me to let go of the thoughts I hold that are driven by fear or anger. Work through me to express gratitude and joy for all the many ways I will be blessed by the church today.

God, show me where I have failed to look. Open my heart to that which I have been unable to feel. Keep me focused on the details where your love can be infused. Keep me focused on the bigger picture of the church--the gathering of those who wish to follow Jesus. Keep me focused, keep me present. In Jesus' name, Amen.

By Michiko Bown-Kai, East End United Church