Tuesday 27 August 2013

A letter from Marie Horton

Hi everyone:

Some of you may know that we have sold our house and moving to Halifax.  I have spoken with some people at the food bank etc.  It has been a hectic month, back and forth to Halifax on the weekends to find a place to live etc.  We leave tomorrow for an apartment on Larry Uteck Blvd on the main floor, balcony on a green space where the deer come out to feed every evening.  We were there for most of the week last week, and here to finalize things this week.

I didn't get to speak to everyone that I wanted to, and could not leave without saying how much everyone at St. Mark's meant to me.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the Board and working with everyone on the dinners etc.   I haven't felt any sadness until now.  We are glad that we are going to spend the next few years closer to our son and grandchildren and we both feel that it is the right time, however, we are leaving great people behind.

I want to express my gratitude to everyone at St. Mark's and the people at the food bank for all of their kindness and friendship.  Bob will miss the foodbank and plans on volunteering at Feed Nova Scotia (just down the hill from our new place). The last ten years of having rediscovered St. Mark's (thanks to Joan Brown) have been wonderful, and I always felt that if I ever needed anyone, I could always call anyone at the church and they would be there for me.  This definitely says something about all of you and our church community. You are special people and to me this is the greatest loss about leaving Port Hawkesbury.

I hope to return when Coleen has her "fashion show soiree" in October and see everyone.  Many thanks to Nan and everyone.  I will miss you all.

Sincerest Thanks,
Marie