Tuesday 13 March 2012

HYMNS MARCH 18TH, 2012 4TH OF LENT



1. THIS IS GOD'S WONDROUS WORLD - 296
Lenten Tenebrae Sung Assurance I Have Called You by Your Name vs.1-4 MV161
2. HE CAME SINGING LOVE - 359
3. AMAZING GRACE - 266
4. BECAUSE HE LIVES (printed)
Gospel Acclamation -GLORY AND PRAISE TO YOU , O LORD JESUS CHRIST !
PSALM 107, #831 Pts. 1 & 3

During the Season after Epiphany and Lent we are reading a section of the most recent United Church affirmation of faith, A Song of Faith, as a part of worship.
Responsive Reading from A Song of Faith
Sung Response: (stand)
To you, O God, I lift my soul, to you, I lift my soul.
Words and music: Marty Haugen Music and verse texts © 1982 by GIA Publications, Inc.,
7404 S. Mason Ave., Chicago, IL 60638. www.giamusic.com. 800.442-1358.
All rights reserved. Used by permission.


We are each given particular gifts of the Spirit.
For the sake of the world,
God calls all followers of Jesus to Christian ministry.
In the church, some are called to specific ministries of leadership,
both lay and ordered;
some witness to the good news;
some uphold the art of worship;
some comfort the grieving and guide the wandering;
some build up the community of wisdom;
some stand with the oppressed and work for justice.
To embody God’s love in the world,
the work of the church requires the ministry and discipleship of all believers.
In grateful response to God’s abundant love,
we bear in mind our integral connection
to the earth and one another;
we participate in God’s work of healing and mending creation.

Sung Response To you, O God, I lift my soul, to you, I lift my soul.