Sunday 16 November 2008

Contact Page 14

St. Mark’s Congregational Board

During the last congregational meeting, I was waiting in the Narthex for the committees to meet in the main hall, when I heard laughter echoing from 3 different directions. My first thought was “way too much” frivolity for something as serious as a board meeting. Then I thought, wasn’t it great to belong to a group that was having so much fun, and why wasn’t I in one of the groups doing all that laughing? Sure there are important, serious discussions, but there is also a lot of laughter and fun.

During January, the nomination committee will be asking you to join the board committees. If you can spare one evening a month, consider volunteering. You’ll find it very rewarding.

As I am moving to Dartmouth, I would like to thank the committee for all their support. I would also like to thank Ruth, our secretary, who keeps the whole ball rolling. It has been great, getting to know the LeGrows, even though it has only been one year.

I have enjoyed my years at St. Mark’s Church. I have made a lot of friends and have found my years spent here welcoming. Thank-you.

Annemary Butcher