Thursday 7 May 2020

QUEST FOR THE QUEEN THUR MAY 7

QUEST FOR THE QUEEN
THUR MAY 7
page15image37767424
Read 2 Corinthians 5:6-9 2020 Heaven is declaring God’s glory; the sky is
proclaiming his handiwork.

— Psalm 19:1 (CEB)
A queen bee nestled in her hive can be quite elusive. I’m pretty good at finding hidden objects in a picture game on
a page; but as a new beekeeper, I worried about finding our queen. My husband, Joe, and I spent several months studying about the care of bees before purchasing a hive from a local beekeeper. Our “starter pack” of bees derived from a larger colony came with five frames containing comb and larvae to put in our hive along with the worker bees and a queen. “What if we don’t see the queen?” I asked Joe as we left with our boxed bees. 
“Don’t worry,” he said. “You don’t have to see the
queen. If you see her eggs and developing larvae, you know she’s there.” About a week later, curiosity moved me to look in our hive. I saw newly laid eggs and growing larvae in different stages of development. Joe was right. I never saw the queen, but I saw her handiwork.

Our search for God can be much like my quest for the queen bee. We long to see God; but because God is invisible, we get discouraged. Yet, if we take time to look, we see signs of God’s presence around us. Just as I haven’t seen my queen bee, I haven’t seen God face-to-face. But I have seen God’s handiwork, so I know God is near.

Prayer: Dear Lord, give us eyes to see you and faith to believe. Amen.

Suzanne Montgomery (Indiana, USA) Prayer Focus: BEEKEEPERS 1